Friday, July 25, 2014

Good Morning!
I couldn't wait to show you these pretty dishes!
 I bought them a while back at a thrift store in Houston.
I have a place setting for four. I decided not to mix and match this week.
To show them off!

I love my red roses tablecloth so here it is again! A bargain from a Belleville, IL monthly sale.

 
                                     My dishes are Fitz and Floyd, Allegro in glaze blue.
                                     I could not pass them by.......plus I love blue. lol


                             
                                     I used my red placemats with my Pier1 blue chargers.
                                     My flatware is by Oneida, Paul Revere.
                                     I have had it forever, at lease 35 years!
                                     I use it everyday!

                                         I did a little more layering this time out.
                                        A white heirloom tablecloth with matching napkins.
                                        It belonged to my ex husbands grandmother.
                                        Someday when I am finished using them,
                                         I will give them to my daughter.
                                         I loved her and I am not ready to part with them.

                                                       A simple center piece
 
                    There were only two cups with the set, but four saucers.
                    I will be on the look out for more cups.
                    Doesn't seem like cup & saucers always break!
                    I always hate to buy incomplete sets but if I love them ...........
                    I can't resist!


                          My blue teapot set I love. I bought it years ago at a garage sale for $5.00
                          It is one of my favorites!
                         Do you have favorites or do you love them all?
                         I love them all, even if I say they are my favorite! lol
                         I will have a hard time parting with any of them when they time comes!
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment, it keeps me going!
 
 
 
I will be joining:
 
BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday
 
The Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday
 
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
Blessings My Friend,
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Elaine, those are gorgeous dishes...it amazes me what can be found in thrift stores. I hope you will be able to find the 2 cups you need. I will be on the look for you, too. Lovely vintage tablecloth.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a find! I love your new dishes! The cobalt chargers seem to work really well with them, too. I need you to come shopping with me . . . Or maybe not! I'd end up finding too many beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stack of Fitz and Floyd Allegro dishes. The centerpiece of flowers with the gorgeous vase and red candlesticks are perfect.
    Wanda at Weekend Wanderlust.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new dishes! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-109.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tablecloth is gorgeous! And the dishes go so nicely with it! Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape is beautiful! You can never go wrong with red, white, and blue. Thanks for putting my blog link in your sidebar -- I appreciate it and will reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete