Monday, July 21, 2014

Blue Suede Begone!



This weekend was a fun weekend for me!
 Mr. Sweetladyelaine painted our living and dining rooms!
I was so excited to get rid of that blue suede look. I love blue but it just didn't go with our furniture.
Since we move a lot, our interior colors have to be neutral.
 A little hint for potential movers, the previous sellers left paint chips!
 It is so nice for touch ups or repainting.
 I just went to Lowes and matched the chip the best I could.
They used a different brand, Sherwin -Williams Kilim Beige.
I bought the new Valspar Reserve in Desert Fortress. Let me tell you about this new paint that has been advertised on TV etc. It is fabulous! One coat for that blue to be gone!
 It went on thick and smooth! Mr. Sweetladyelaine was impressed!


                             The mess of painting and Miss SweetPea in her favorite window.

I think this picture captures the old color better than all the rest.
 
 
 
Living Room is done!

One wall in the dining room is done!



Clean up

                                                    SweetPea looking out her window!
                                    She is too funny she rests her bones on the window sill too!

The finished dining room!
                                                  
                                                          The finished living room!


What do I like most about painting! Not the mess.......
But the way I get to totally clean the room!
I washed blinds, sills, floors and waxed all the furniture and lamps. I also like the idea that I can change whatever I want to change. I can put up new curtains or blinds, change my decorations or add some or change the furniture! It's up to me!
I haven't hung any pictures and that will come soon. I know my walls are all ready when I decide what I am hanging where.

What do you like about painting your rooms? Do you paint your rooms your favorite colors or do you go neutral?

I sure had a lot of fun sharing this weekend with you. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. It keeps me going!

I will be joining:

 Rustic & Refined
http://www.rustic-refined.com/



Blessings My Friend,






5 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    I love your new look and the color is so soothing, very pretty! I love your hutch and curio.
    Its so nice to have fresh paint isn't it..
    have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rooms look great, Elaine. You are so lucky your husband does the painting...I usually do it here! The thing I like best is a little paint can change the whole look of a room...and there is no way I would use neutrals...I like color and lots of it!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to have a husband who knows how to paint!!! Ramon can't paint...or anything else even remotely associated with it! Poor little thing is just challenged when it comes to anything like that!

    The rooms are looking FABULOUS now! I like a nice neutral, too, especially since I can't just change up at will. Your new paint color makes the space look nearly twice as big!

    I agree with you that painting time is a great opportunity to do some super deep cleaning. It's also a great time for me to rethink artwork, accessories, etc.

    Enjoy your new space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new color, what a difference it makes in your home! Great job

    ReplyDelete