Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Fourth of July

Hi Everyone!
This week has been crazy........
I just was out of sorts all week, a very stressful week!
But I won't bore you with the details since we all have those weeks! Right?????
 Guess what put me into a good mood?????????
I wish I could have recorded it. My friend Carol from Buffalo sang me a song!

"Bind us Together"

I found this one on YouTube.
I have to be honest.....I was so happy after she sang to me!
Soooooooo  when someone you know is down, SING to them!
You don't have to have a great voice just pick a great song!
They will light up like I did at someone loving on them !

I am glad to be able to share a table with you this week too!
 I have to admit, I thought I wasn't going to remember how to set a table;
 but once I started the juices got flowing!
I had fun even though I had not planned on doing a Fourth of July table! LOL

 
I used a rattan charger first. I thought it would break up the red and blue a little. 
Then I used my favorite blue chargers from Pier One!  I bought them at Something Special in Houston the last time we lived here two years ago. 
 Can you keep up with our moves?? I can't! lol
 

                               Next These fabulous star plates! They are "Galaxy" by Sakura.
                                               I love the name and the deep blue color!

  
The last plate is "Hampton's flag by Ralph Lauren 
All my plates were bought at Goodwill or thrift shops. 
I have so many I forget where I have purchased them.
I would have to look in previous posts. 
 



                                     Why or why do we buy things and not use them a lot????
                                                        Am I the only one that does this?
                                                           I love these casserole dishes!
                                   I just don't use them except when I have a lot of people.

 
This was a great Thrift Store find recently.
Eight bowls and a salad bowl!
                 My little blue bird of happiness, just had to make his way on the table!



                                                  Other birdies jumped on the table too!


                    Cardinals are all over our backyard. I didn't realize Texas had so many!

 
                                   Using my Memorial Day star I found at the Dollar Store.
                                                         I wish I had bought a few more.
                                          I always do that...........not buy enough and wish I had!
                                                      Story of my life! I will never learn!




Thank you for stopping by today. Please leave a comment I miss all of you so much!
 I am so happy to be back blogging again!

I will be joining:

Tablescape Thursday at  Between Naps On The Porch
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/4th-of-july-nautical-table-setting-tablescape/

Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/


                              Have a Happy Fourth of July!!!!

 
 
Blessings My Friend, 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful setting Sweet lady Elaine! The stack of dishes is awesome, and yes, I specially love the star ones Galaxy, but I love them all, like the flag ones too. We have missed you and I'm so glad you're back to blogging. Love the centerpiece with the flag runner too.
    Have a wonderful 4th of July holiday. I'm happy to see you well.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the fold!!! We forgive your absence because we know that settling in takes awhile. I think we all also understand how "one of those weeks" can just wreck your whole month. That has definitely happened to me to the point of stretching out into an entire year!

    I'm glad the creativity bubbled up once you got started. Sometimes that's all it takes...just get it goin'! You did a terrific job with this table. I like the way you used the rattan plate to break up the intense colors. Very smooth move! All of your dishes are so pretty, and I just LOVE that "Galaxy" plate! Your thrift store find is a plus, too. It's so great when we can find cool stuff like that!

    It IS weird how we buy dishes and then don't use them very often. I guess that's just part of the "life" thing. :-)

    I hope the awful week you suffered through is well behind you and that you enjoy a safe and fun holiday weekend! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this great table! I don't have near your luck in finding special plates while thrifting! The RL "Hampton Flag" plates are PERFECT for the holiday. Enjoy the holiday weekend. Looking forward to more posts. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete