Thursday, September 4, 2014

Holding On.....Tight!

Yes, I am! To summer that is..........................
Couldn't help to set one more summer table.
Alive with gingham checks in red and white!
Stripes too!
And of course my favorite, lately, white plates!

It is still very hot in Texas with temps in the 90's I am not ready to let go!

I used oval Cafe Americana 98 bowls by Sango. 
They were given to me by my friend, Shelley from Buffalo, New York.
And then white plates and my favorite summer  dishes "Set Sail" all on a round red placemat!

         




My centerpiece is very simple of flowers in a pitcher.
The pitcher came from a consignment store in IL.
I collect pitchers. That's why you see them on my tables a lot.
Found the big bowl at a thrift store and was so excited to use it with my Set Sail plates.


Vintage blue wine glasses given to me by my late cousin Georgia. They are special to me because she was the one that got me started going to garage sales and antique barns! I was sixteen!


I only have 4 plates and 4 bowls to my Cafe Americana, but guess what?
 Found these two at My Family Thrift Store here in Spring!
They only had two and I bought them!


I have been trying to add to my pieces I already own and love!
Bought six of these last week at the same store! I have a few other pieces that match.


You're going to laugh when I tell you the only reason I bought this was because.......
 It was cute and white! SOLD!!!!
Do you ever do that?


Thrifting my favorite thing to do! Bought lots last week!


I have had these corn dishes by Pfaltzgraff many years. The pattern is Yorktowne.
 I think I paid $2.00 a piece for them. I bought twelve.
I looked at the jar of corn holders and they are about thirty years old too!
Everything around here is getting old! lol



Here is the whole table!



Hope you enjoyed seeing my table set just for you! I did have fun setting this table!
 I will try to keep my rambling about my love for thrifting to a minimum!
 Like most bloggers I can't help it!
I love to hear about your thrifting experiences. Visit you soon! Please leave a comment!

I will be joining:
Tablescape Thursday at BNOTP
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/dapper-dressed-animals-gather-for-a-whimsical-table-setting/

Table it Monday at  Rustic & Refined
http://www.rustic-refined.com/

Sir Thrift A Lot Thriftasaurus
http://sirthriftalot.blogspot.com/

Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday
http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/09/04/thrifty-thursday-week-76/


Blessings My Friend, 

If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink. (Romans 12:20)

What we are required by God to do is to meet basic human needs of our enemy if and when those needs present themselves. We are to be courteous to them, speak kindly of them, and refuse to criticize them.



















3 comments:

  1. I am with you! I am holding on! We had snow on the mountain right outside my door August 23rd! I have to post that picture! It was a nasty cold August and I am going to relive that month if I can. We are back to high 80s and it is perfect.
    Those plates are wonderful! Whoever thinks up such fun patterns! What a job that would be. You have lots of wonderful thrifting finds! Love them all - anything in white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that summer is finally here at North Coast, temperatures are in the ninety degree range around here (well at least for one more day). I am seriously in love with the stripe plates. They would look great with so many different salad and side plates. Very nice! The Cafe Americana plates have that kind of early fifties vibe about them, they look stellar for this late summer table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, thrifting is my favorite way to shop, too! It is amazing the things I find at such low prices compared to retail. What a cute table...love the happy stripes with the cafe people.
    I am looking forward to cooler weather, the sooner, the better.

    ReplyDelete