Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My First Before & After Picture

Well after living here for 6 months, I finally, finally, can show you one of my  finished bedrooms. I also can show you a sweet telephone table that got a fresh coat of paint.


Before Picture of the Bedroom:
I love this soft green so I kept the color!


The Before Picture of the Telephone Table:
This table was given to me about 30 years ago. I had big plans for this telephone table and cute chair! Since then I changed my mind....



My husband sawed the side pieces out, they got broken.




A picture of most of the bedroom......On the other wall is a white built in filled with books, ducks and swans.
The pictures were a Goodwill find in Buffalo, NY. The lamps I bought at second hand stores, both are crystal. Can you see the telephone table? 


This is on the other side of the bed. The built in go all the way to the ceiling. The door is a walk in closet.



Pretty in white.....I was thinking to decoupage the top. I'm just not sure. I also thought to use paper just on the top to give it more color. But for now, I do like it simple.


Here it is with the light on.....



The antique dresser is at the bottom of the bed and was bought at an estate sale.


The steamer trunk was a birthday gift from my parents when I was under 20. My love for antiques grew as I got older. It has moved with me each time! The diaper pail is repurposed as a magazine holder.



I have realized while writing this post that I have alot of memories in my possessions. The rocker was given to me for a wedding present from my maid of honor in 1977. I bought her the very same one for her wedding. The afghan was made by my Aunt Lena who passed many years ago. She would have been 105. I love the pattern and colors. It is wool.





This is one of my guest rooms. I have three. I like this one the best. It seems to be together more than the other two.
My daughter will stay in this room when she comes on Friday from Schenectady, NY.

When people come and stay with us, I try to make our home like a bed & breakfast. When I hear them moving around, I will set a tray in front of  their door with fresh coffee and a muffin. Then they can have their coffee and get dressed at their leisure. I like making people feel at home.

White & gold cups and sugar & creamer are Bella Lux. The pattern is Alexandra Gold.


I also have bathrobes and extras for my guests laid out on their bed. It just makes their stay a little more comfortable. You can only take so much in a suitcase!
I find they are so appreciative knowing that if they forget something or couldn't pack it, I have it here for them.
Hope you enjoyed my post today. As always, I am glad you stopped by...please be sure to leave me a comment or two. I love hearing from my friends.
Hope you have a Happy & Safe Fourth of July! I will catch up with you .....


This week I am joining:
Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan Between Naps On The Porch


Show Off Your Cottage Monday hosted by Cielo at House of Roses

Vintage Thingie Thursday hosted by Suzanne at The Coloradolady
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday hosted by Wanda at Silken Purse

Their buttons are on my sidebar.


Have fun and enjoy your day that the Lord has made!

Blessings My Friends,

























10 comments:

  1. Oh your bedroom looks wonderful. I love the color and the pictures are so pretty and such a great find. The little table is perfect. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tranquil and pretty. I love the telephone table in white. Happy Fourth, Many blessings, Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your vintage treasures look very nice in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to link in!! Your bedroom is wonderfully decorated and so pretty. I love the table, it is fun taking a piece and turning it into something new and pretty!!!

    Happy VTT~~ Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I loved having you visit my over at Magdalena's Adventures. I'm Bunny AKA Michele and I write her stories. I love your header and your pictures in your post are great!! The table is so pretty and a great find!!
    I hope you visit again soon btw..if you scroll down on my blog there is a giveaway for really pretty cosmetics that is ending tomorrow night!! You might be a winner
    Have a wonderful night
    xxxx
    Bunny
    Magdalena's Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful way to welcome guests.. you are a very gracious hostess! I would love to be a pampered guest.Loved your tea tray with the lovely tea set and gorgeous roses! Such an amazing transformation of the table and chair... I love it in white and looks so lovely in the bedroom with the soft muted green wall color. And the crystal lamp with the lovely shade is looking so romantic..your steamer trunk and the rocking chair is just so perfect for this room. I loved peeking at the decorative painting on the head-rest of your rocking chair... lovely detailing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful treasures with us and for your loving comments on my tea table. Enjoyed reading it. Happy 4th to you!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been really busy! Great job on your guest room! I would have kept the green on the walls, too. It's a lovely color. Have fun with your weekend guests! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got an awesome nice looking bedroom full of vintage treasures.

    I just love the old trunk. I've seen a similar one on a garage sale the other day but not nearly in a good shape as yours is.

    Have a great 4th of July
    Paula Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, sweet lady Elaine, I can see that you are just the kind of hostess I would love to visit! Warm muffins outside my door after sleeping in your charming bedroom sounds wonderful! Your rocker must bring back so many memories. I have the one I rocked my two babies in, and a crocheted afghan from my aunt, who would also be in her early 100s now. Your white table is a good bedside choice, with the extra shelf underneath for books and other goodies (maybe a muffin could be smuggled in)> Hope your 4th weekend was fun! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your guest bedroom looks great. The telephone table looks darling in its new location.
    What a sweet way to welcome your guests with a tray filled with morning treats. Love that!

    ReplyDelete