Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dinner with Friends In Lousianna

BIG Thank you to all who came and visited me last week. I appreciate your kind comments. We did buy a house and are off to Houston in a few weeks. I am very excited!
 I am anxious to move on in my life.........we do move often lately and it is your comments that keep me going. Thank you so much for being my blogger friends.

As I promised in the last post, I have Donna's tablescape to share with you today.
Donna and I met in Buffalo, NY at church. Over the past several years we have been trying to meet but it never seemed the right time.We finally got to spend two days together! 
Mr.. Sweetladyelaine and I went to Baton Rouge for two days while I was on a house hunting trip in Houston, Texas. Donna & Kurt live in Lafayette, La &  invited us to dinner at their house.
 Of course, I had to take pictures of  her beautiful table and  show you....
I noticed she & I have the same chargers and placemats! I was thrilled.


I only got to take a few pictures....
I loved her salad plates! I think she told me they were from
 Wal-Mart. I also loved her pashmina scarf that she used as her tablecloth.  A great idea and it makes her dishes shine. Beautiful!


Everyone was so hungry. (Mr. Sweetladyelaine & I got their a little late due to traffic)


  I took them fast!
We had roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, and a layered salad. The salad happens to be my favorite! I forgot the hot buttered rolls & wine! She did serve another veggie but I forgot what it was. It was all so delicious!


You can see the men already started to fill their plates. Everything  was so yummy!
 Did I mention we ate by candlelight? The perfect centerpiece for me because I love candles and so does Donna.



        Donna was happy.......



Kurt was happy.........
 

         Mr. Sweetladyelaine was just too hungry to wait!
 
 

And for dessert......cheesecake in different flavors with whipped cream & a cherry!



We had a wonderful visit. It had been a long time since we had spent time together as couples. I didn't realize how much I missed them until we were going home. I am glad God gave us the opportunity to see each other.
 Donna is godly woman. We developed our friendship over time. She keeps my head on straight when I feel I can't go on any more. She gives me godly wisdom & encouragement when I need it. She keeps me accountable. She tells me the truth and always tells me she loves me.
 I am so grateful to have a wonderful friend like her.
Do you have a friend like that? I hope you do....everyone needs a person to keep them encouraged & strong!
I'm not sure when we will get together again, but I do know we Skype often.

A BIG Thank you to Donna & Kurt for a lovely dinner!

I will be joining

Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/broomstick-place-card-holders-for-your-halloween-tablescape/

Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish on Wednesday

http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2013/10/lets-dish-84boo-stew.html


Blessings My Friend,










12 comments:

  1. Beautiful table. Congratulations on the purchase of your new home. Looking forward to reading about the BIG move and seeing your new life come together.
    Blessings to you an hubby during this time of change.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a wonderful friend...The table is lovely..and the menu makes me hungry...I really love those chargers..and everything else here too...
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Fall table setting with such pretty dishes! I love your fab menu, wish I was there, too....lucky guests! Congrats on your new home Elaine, that is exciting! Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table, and more beautiful...getting together with good friends! Visiting from Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to meet with a friend. She set a beautiful table....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a phenomenal night! Love the leaf plates.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a lovely dinner indeed! Love this table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to have a friend like that! The table and menu were wonderful and so fun to meet the guests too. I know my guests love to be featured on my blog and I bet they did too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is lovely, I love the leaf plates and the gorgeous paisley runner. The cheesecake looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your timing was perfect that you were able to spend a couple days with your friend. Beautiful tablescape...and the menu sounds delicious.
    Have a wonderful week...can't wait to see your new home, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aha! Louisiana! THAT'S why Donna is able to have on that sleeveless top this time of year! (I wear them, too, here in the chilly Midwest all winter to combat the hot flash thing!)

    The meal sounds so good that now I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid getting a snack in before dinner tonight! All-American and hearty...just the way I like a good meal!

    I'm glad you guys got a chance to get together! It's fun to meet folks across the miles in person! Hope you and I get that chance some day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    That's a wonderful visit. Good friends in heart stays forever.

    I can see that the settings was absolutely beautiful and I am drooling with the dessert §:-)

    Happy weekend.
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete