Wednesday, October 30, 2013

On The Move

Hi Everyone,
By the time you read this, the movers will be packing and loading us in their truck! We should be in Houston on Sunday and wait for closing. I am so happy to be leaving. It just has seems like it took forever.

 I set this table about two weeks ago.
My inspiration seemed to be all of your Halloween tables! lol I couldn't think past my nose this last month! So I dug in the basement for some fall stuff!

 
The chargers are from Wal-Mart. The dinner plate is made by Knowles and the pattern is Santa Monica. The leaf plate I can't remember and the leaf candle is from the Dollar Store a few years back.
 
 
You can see a close up of the charger. It has leaves and acorns around the rim.
I am not fond of orange so I accent with any other color. In this tablescape, I used a lot of gold.
 

            This one of two runners I bought at the Christmas Tree Store when I was in New York.  
                                                    I just sent my daughter the other one.



I love candles and I buy them whenever I see them at Thrift Stores, GW, Garage Sales or Savers.
The same for candlesticks.....I just love them!

I finally put this vintage casseroles in a tablescape. I keep forgetting to put serving pieces on the table.

                             
                             I received these years ago as wedding presents. I use them a lot.

 
Pumpkin salt & pepper shakers.
 

                              Gold glasses found at our church rummage sale for 25 cents each!




My centerpiece is a ceramic pumpkin from CTS and faux flowers from a consignment store. I stuffed
a gold runner in the top to hold the flowers upright. It gives me the bling I crave!!! lol





Thank you for inspiring me to go to the basement and do at least one fall table! I enjoy your visits and I love visiting you. I may be a little late in seeing your tables but I will be there. Thanks so much for your lovely comments during my move. I appreciate them more than words can say.

I will be joining

Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/autumn-table-setting-with-spode-woodland-and-pumpkin-tureens/
Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish
http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2013/10/this-and-thatlets-dish-86.html

I hope you have a safe Halloween Day!


Blessings My Friend,



12 comments:

  1. Lovely table..I surely like your glasses and those casseroles. I am loving amber colored glass this fall...I wonder if I could incorporate that color in my Christmas decorations? I hope your move has gone smoothly....
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet lady! If I were moving I would not be setting a table, especially such a polished and pretty table as this! As many times as we have moved, I still find it to be all-consuming. I hope all is going well with your move and that we see your new house soon! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table, and I usually forget about adding serving pieces, too. Mainly I'm so excited that you are ready to be settled in your new home. Fantastic! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Elaine, you are moving again. I do admire your bravery. The table looks lovely, darling. I would probably have styrafoam by now. Good luck with the move. And, btw, where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fall table...I have those same Whitehall glasses...they are my favorites for lemonade!
    I am so excited for you to finally be moving. Take lots of pictures to share.
    Have a wonderful week, Elaine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful fall tablesetting. You've got all the colors of changing leaves. I really like your chargers. Are they made of wood? Did you get them this year?
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving what a challenge, hope all of your wonderful pieces are well rotected.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a large candlestick just like the one from the thrift shop! It is Crystal D'Arques Longchamps, & sits in the middle of my "usual" table, in between 2 silver candlesticks. - Marivene

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tablescape. Your colors pay homage to fall and your chargers are beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pretty table, love the colors and love the fact that you did this with all that you have going on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love it all, especially those leaf plates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table! I love those bargain salt and pepperbshakers!

    ReplyDelete