Sunday, May 6, 2012

My BIG Reveal..............OH MY............

A few months ago I went in to a Consignment Shop called Consign & Design  to see what I could find. I found more than I bargained for..........a Christian friend and mentor.
I shopped there a few more weeks and then one day met the owner, Bernie. We started talking and one thing lead to another. I guess it started with the question "What are you waiting for??????" and then, "I will teach you everything you need to know!" I went home that night and prayed and prayed for days.  Was it me or did I just hear from God through Bernie?
 My answer was GOD!!
 Scared, nervous, excited, shaken but convinced this is what I was to do!

I remember thinking to BREATHE!!!!!
Was I crazy???????
God was answering my prayers. I had wanted to own an antique shop for the past 20 years!

OH.......................................MY.............!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God"...........
 Kept coming to me.........................my inspiration.
(For that reason, it is on the back of my business cards.)
I approached my husband and told him what had happened and the story begins........
hunting for a space, licences, registrations, money, money, money.........AND

Sweetladyelaine's Consignment Shop was born...........





I want all of you to know....
I am stepping out in FAITH that God is going to help me. I do not have any money saved. We are doing this paycheck to paycheck. This shop is all about HIM not me.
Yes, it is my dream but His POWER!

I am in awe of how well it is all going. As a blogger you know I have inventory. I am also going to garage sales, estate sales etc for more. I will tell you, I am following my heart in doing everything.
 I am listening to my inter voice, " The Holy Spirit"! He is leading us!


My husband and I are in the process of painting and getting "The Shop" ready.

 June 2nd is the BIG DAY!!!!


I know GOD will show up.......

This explains why I am not blogging so much lately. I hope to join you all next week for Tablescape Thursday. I am missing you all.

On Opening Day,  I hope to set a beautiful table for you all to see.
If you have any ideas let me know! I will post progressive pictures as the shop gets completed.
 I wish I had taken before pictures. I forgot!

I will keep you updated!





Blessings My Friends,








6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Elaine! I wish you all the best. If you come across a mug tree, either wood or metal for 4 - 6 mugs (I don't need mugs, just the tree!) please let me know and I will gladly buy it. Looking forward to opening day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barbara! I am excited and looking forward to what God has for me. I will certainly look for a tree mug for you! The best part of a Consignment Shop is "The Hunt"! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats my sweet Lady Elaine! May God keep blessing you and yes, just trust yourself in his hands, wow! I love the way you explain how it all came about, your faith in Our Lord is moving and you will be very succesful, I just know it! Can't wait to see the formal opening of the shop. I wish I was close enough, you know me, I would be shopping there! Meanwhile, many blessing and may you have a very great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fabby, thanks so much you are a dear! I wish you lived close too! You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God will provide where ever He guides!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete