Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Seashells and More

I love seashells!  In a previous post I told you I collected seashells on various beaches in Maine, Rhode Island, Florida, New Jersey and  New Hampshire.
I can't tell you which ones came from which beach!
I guess, I just collected and came home and used them in decorating.
My tablescape today is a beachy one. This week I am missing my favorite beaches!
 I'm glad I lived on the east coast so we had the opportunity to vacation at all the wonderful beaches.
Do I have a favorite??????? Hmmmmm.................
I think I loved them all!  Wells, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, Old Orchard, Salisbury, Hampton,  Key West, Clearwater, Siesta .......Oh I could go on and on! I am a beach bum at heart!
I miss going to all the little stores and boardwalks too! Sitting in the sun........
But time has moved on and I now live in Texas, at least for a while.
I still have my memories! Great ones at that!!!
Now, on to my beach table!

I started out with placemats all alike. Take note, that I am mixing things up!

 Then I added a rattan charger and a white plate.

This is where I changed it up a bit. I used a different color salad plate.

                         I only have two of the turquoise ones.
                         The silver clam shells hold a white chocolate.


                     A side view of each place setting.



I like mixing salad plates. It gives you more options to add color to your table!

 

           Centerpiece of shells....The big one I bought in the Thrift Store for under $5.00!

                            A seashell I use as a candy dish with homemade white chocolates in it.

                        Lanterns purchased from Kirkland's on sale! I love them!
                        I will tell you about the starfish down the road a bit!




 The sparkling starfish came from St. Luke's Hospital gift shop. Yes, I shopped while my husband was in the hospital! What dishoholic wouldn't find the time to sneak out and find something to add to her collection! lol
Margaritas anyone???????


 My mother in love gave me this gravy boat and I use it a lot and not just for gravy!
 
 
 


So there you have it! A beachy themed table set.................. with love!
I am glad you stopped by!
 Please leave a message! I love to hear what you've been up too!

I will be joining: (if I remember to sign up)

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/nautical-table-setting-with-david-carter-brown-driftwood-dishware/

Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/anything-blue-friday-week-67.html

Have a great week!


Blessings My Friend,
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap.....yet your heavenly Father feeds them". Matthew 6:26

 

14 comments:

  1. I feel like I am at the shore with this table, Elaine. Hope your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I love visiting your blog! Thanks for stopping by......
      Blessings My Friend,

      Delete
  2. Pretty table. Love the colors!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, this table gave me a beach fix! I've been to all the beaches you mentioned, and love to feel the sand on my toes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have named all the beaches I have visited but it would take too long! Lol!!!! I love the beach! They hold a special place in my heart! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!
      Blessings My Friend,

      Delete
  4. Beautiful be achy tablescape, Elsine! Having a home in FL makes me collect seashells too. Love the colors of turquoise and coral together. Thanks for the positive notes and prayers for Rea. We are so happy she is doing very well....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and textures! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Envoy-ette,
      Wish I could visit your blog but it tells me I am not invited. Not sure what that means. I tried to put you as a blog I vivst and couldn't do that either.
      Blessings My Friend,
      Sweetladyelaine aka Elaine Cariglio

      Delete
  6. Just beautiful...
    I live in West Texas with no water for miles and miles and miles...I still love to have a beachy table every now and then.:)
    Here from Anything Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beach table. I love the mixing and the matching with the salad plates, and the colors of the salad plates are great. I love the turquoise and the red too. I do believe you may have inspired me to finally get to work on my seashore tablescape. I just need more motivation (like getting the beachy stuff all put away so I can see the top of my kitchen island again).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what it's all about! I inspire you and you inspire me. I blog because I hope to touch someone's heart! I truly feel blessed knowing you through your blog. Thank you!
      Blessings My Friend,

      Delete
  8. Super summer-y, and a nice collection of shells!!! I really like the way the placemats you used ground the place settings. And yes...I think if we admit it we ALL would stop in the gift shop if only for a moment!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia, Thank you for the wonderful comment! You are an inspiration to me. You give me so many ideas. I love your blog! I feel blessed to know you! I wish I could have met you while I lived over the river in IL. Who knows, someday God may make that happen!
      Blessings My Friend,














      Delete
  9. SO pretty, especially for this Florida girl who is absolutely in love with the sea.
    LOVE that gravy bowl.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete