Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Pies

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I know its a little late to be writing about my pies but Christmas is coming and you can get creative and make Christmas pies! My neighbor invited us to her house for Thanksgiving and I volunteered to make pies. I saw the Martha Stewart show and she made 10 different pie crusts. I decided that if Martha can do it, so can I.
So, I bought six little cutters at Sur la Table...and began my adventure.
I have to tell you, I hate making pies....the crust never comes out good but I was determined to do this for my neighbor. I made the crust from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. It was a dream.....I rolled it in a rectangle and then cut it into a circle! I wanted it to look professional....lol.
 I think the secret to a good crust is cold butter!


I used an oak leaf for this pie.

          Overlapped them on the crust.


     Finished crust...Martha Stewart has nothing on me!


        Filled it with Libby's pie recipe and baked.

                         

                Beautiful!!!


I made two apple pies but forgot to take a picture. Needless to say, the pies were delicious!
I will be making another apple pie for Christmas and I will take a picture. I know this was a fast post. I just couldn't wait to share.
Well, got to go and decorate....'tis the season you know! I will be decking the halls just a little since we are selling our house! (No our house has not sold) Pictures will be coming......

Blessings My Friends,

4 comments:

  1. Your pies look so beautiful. I will need to use your trick for the pretty crust on my next pie. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pie...I absolutely love baking, but not pie crust...I usually cheat and use the red box pie crusts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete