Last post I told you I made chili dogs! My first time ever eating them or making them! lol
I used this recipe from Rachael Ray's. The picture is from the internet.
Coney Island Chili Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 8 beef hot dogs in natural casings
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Wrap the hot dog rolls in foil. In a large skillet, cook the beef, half of the onions and the garlic over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat, until the onions are softened and the meat is cooked though, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water, the tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the hot dogs with water and bring to a boil. Cook until heated through, about 8 minutes. Place the rolls in the oven and heat through. Place the hot dogs in the rolls and top with the chili, the remaining onions and extra mustard.
I did not boil our hot dogs. I fried them in butter on the stove or cook them on the grill! I also broiled our buns instead of putting them in the oven.
Warning this is messy eating!
I served it with a green salad and chips. A simple easy dinner for when you are in a hurry.
Hope you try it. It is definitely a home run!
Blessings My Friend,