Friday, February 6, 2015

Vignettes Are Good For My Soul

I have been doing alot of soul searching lately so my blog has not been my top priority.
Our life has been in the process of changing the past few months.
 I am not sure what God is doing, but I know He is working!
I am waiting patiently and crazy at the same time.
Another change for me and I'm not very good with change.
So what do I do when I have time to myself and hubby is quietly upstairs working?
I drag out lots of stuff and start decorating! I love it!
I find myself in my happy place!
I change whatever I want to redo.......Sometimes I change it for just a few days.........
Sometimes I love it and it stays for a long, long time.
Do you have a happy place?
Do you change with just the seasons or any time the spirit moves you?

I change any time I feel the need! Today I will show you my mantle and my kitchen vignette.
Nothing big or outrageous! Just a little different.
I love candlesticks and thought of putting a lot of different candles on my mantle.
I own quite a few crystal candlesticks.
Well, I did that and didn't have enough colored candles. It looked to plain and no color.
Sooooooooooooooo
The roses in our yard have been really pretty. I decided to do something with them.




I have saved a few fancy bottles from flavored vinegar and oil.
Here's how it turned out!
A little simple for me but sometimes that's a good thing!



I am sure I will change it when the roses die or add to it.
I do that sometimes!
I look at something for a long time and start to add to it. Fluff it! lol





Moving on to the kitchen.......
This is my favorite spot to decorate.


A pretty lavender teapot with a pretty handkerchief on a cakeplate. A Thrift Store find.
Really everything in my house is from Goodwill, a Thrift Store, Consignment Store or a Flea Market  of some kind.
The lamp & crystal candlesticks are too!
I'm getting older that I can't remember exactly where each piece was bought. lol


A cute story: I made twelve of the bundt banana muffins a few days ago. I had shared a four with neighbors and put the rest in plates on the counter. I had two on this plate too.
Before I could take the picture........ Notice only one is left. Mr. Sweetladyelaine ate the other one!



I tried a black and white photo for the candle! It turned out pretty good
Don't you think? I guess there is a first time for everything.



The way I look at it,  any day above ground is a good one!
Come back soon, I'll be here with bells on my toes, or in my ears!

Blessings My Friend,

"We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand." Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment