Thursday, June 3, 2010

WELCOME!!!!!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by Sweetladyelaine's! I am so excited that my site is coming along. It took me forever to figure out how to add pictures and get it to look like something. You'll have to excuse me... I am learning. Hopefully each day I will share more and more with you like recipes, antiques, tablescapes, dreams, hopes and thoughts. I follow a great bunch of blogs and hope to participate in some of their activities. I am just so happy to sharing with all of you.
I hope you will allow me to share my faith in Jesus with you too. I spend time with God every morning and this morning I read 1 John 2:15-17. It said "Do Not Love the World". We are to live in the world but not get caught up in its ways. I thought about that a long time. I realized it is very easy to get caught up in it. It's pleasures are everywhere. Are they really pleasures? I don't know about you but I often get tired hearing the news! It seems like people can't say no to ourselves or our children. We get caught up in stealing, cheating, killing, fighting and anger way too much. It has to stop...but where? I think the answer is prayer. The Bible says, "The world and its desires will pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever"(1 John 2:17). I follow Christ because I know He has saved me from a wretched life! I'm not saying its easy but.. one day at a time... one step at a time, I walk to win my prize of eternal life with Christ! I am praying for all of you. Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment