Thursday, October 22, 2015

Still in Texas for Fall!

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted! I feel like time just flew by...............
We are still waiting for a job and our house has been on the market since the middle of August!
 I am truly surprised that we have not had an offer. It is a pretty house with a beautiful pool!! I have downsized and decluttered every room!  I even sold some furniture!
I gave up  tablescaping after I downsized, since most of my dishes and decorations were sold or given away.  That was a hard and easy task! I knew if I had to pack them, I would be doing it for a long, long time. So out everything went that I didn't really need. I sold some at our garage sales (we had two!) and then the rest went to Goodwill! Task accomplished!

Meanwhile, for the last month I have been going back and forth on whether I should decorate for fall. My husband said,"No, you will only have to pack it all up again".  So I didn't, but I felt I needed too! LOL I just felt like I was in limbo and needed something to do besides waiting and keeping the house clean!
I did not over decorate since we are selling. I kept it very, very simple! This was easy since I have little left. I even set two very simple tables! One in my kitchen and one in the dining room.

This is how I decorated the fireplace in my Family Room.
 Realtors always say to keep it to a minimum. I love white pumpkins! I had the green vase up there already so I just decorated around it. I think it's a little too plain but that's it! I want to put leaves all over and lights around the mirror, and colored little pumpkins and a big white bow and...and.....and !


 People need to see the actual fireplace and not my decorations. I had a hard time with this...........
Can you tell???

The kitchen seemed a little easier......




The dining room tablescape is set with a red charger, a Country Rose dinner plate and a green depression glass salad plate. The gold rimmed crystal wine glasses and Thanksgiving napkins complete the tablesetting.





My coffee table in the living room.........


I love this picture of the dining room and living room. The living room is my favorite spot in the whole house. This is where I pray, drink my morning coffee, read and talk on the phone. 
Where is your favorite spot in your house??



We all have one! I am hoping you share your favorite spot with me. I will be waiting!
Until you come visit me again! Soon I hope! I am missing my blogging friends! You encourage me!


Blessings My Friend,

You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples.
Psalm 77:14

1 comment:

  1. Good luck selling your house. Our house in Natchez, MS has been in the market since January. Live your Fall decor....Christine

    ReplyDelete