Monday, October 26, 2015

Pasta Day & Making Italian Bread.........

Yesterday was Pasta Day according to Facebook.
Guess what we made for dinner?????
PASTA!!!!
Of course, Mr. Sweetladyelaine had to help....................He wanted to make the meatballs!
Normally, I would make 24 and freeze them
But it was just us so six little meatballs for our feast! They were very yummie too!
Does your hubby cook with you? Mine loves too!  Especially if he gets to eat !!! LOL!

Meatballs go in the sauce....to cook a few hours.
Have I shared how I make my sauce??? I am not sure if I have................................
I will have to look back on my blog.
Making Bread ...............................
You need a mixer with a dough attachment!

Nothing like home made bread when you are eating pasta! It is very easy...................................

         Three cups of flour, One teaspoon of yeast, half teaspoon of salt and warm water( abt. 1 1/2 c).
I heat my water in the microwave for about 1 minute.
You want your dough to be lukewarm when finished.
 Put all ingredients in your mixer except warm water.
 I have a kitchen aid and it does all the work for me!
 Add warm water slowly and keep the mixer running just so the flour doesn't fly all over the place.
 When it forms a ball of dough you are done! I mix the ball about 2 minutes and then..........
 Get my bowl ready. Put olive oil on the bottom of your bowl, about 1 teaspoon,  and spread it all over the inside of the bowl so the dough will not stick!
 Put the ball of dough in the bowl and pour a little oil on top and spread with your hand so the dough does not get hard. If you put too much oil in the bottom of the bowl,  just turn your dough so it gets oil on the top.
Cover the bowl with two towels ! You are trying to keep it warm. I sometimes put mine on top of the dryer if it is running. Just place it in a warm spot. Let it rise about 2 hours or so.
Shape the dough ( it will get flat) and cover. Let it rise another hour or so, just so it gets bigger. If it rises a little longer it doesn't matter. Heat the oven to 375, let it bake until golden brown about 30- 45 minutes.
Put it on a board and let it cool a few minutes before cutting! I usually put it on the table last.
I wait to cook it about 45 minutes before dinner so it's hot when I serve it. Use a sharp knife.
ENJOY!
When we are done eating it I wrap it in a dish towel and store it in the pantry.
You could put it in a plastic bag if you prefer.
If you have any questions just ask me.
 I tend to add seasoning to my bread, like Italian seasonings. I use about 1 tablespoon along with  minced garlic about 1 teaspoon. You can add cinnamon and sugar too! Experiment! You can make sausage bread or pepperoni bread using this recipe too!

Hope you enjoy making bread. I love it!

I am glad to be blogging again! Come visit when you can!
Please leave a comment or a question..........................................

Blessings My Friend,












3 comments:

  1. Hi there Elaine, fresh bread with meatballs sounds like a great fall meal. Meatballs simmering in the "gravy" for a few hours are so delicious! I really enjoy being able to cook a little heartier meal than during summertime. Howard stays out of the kitchen...but he does cook for himself if I am not home.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a comforting meal, Elaine. I enjoy a dish of pasta and a couple of meatballs every now and then! I am going to try your homemade bread recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.......nice to hear from you!

      Delete