Thursday, March 5, 2015

Black, White & Red

And I through in a little turquoise for fun! 

Here's how it all started.........................
I bought a new lace runner at Hobby Lobby and started to put away my Valentine decorations and this table evolved. I have never set a black and white table before so I was kind of excited! I wasn't sure what dishes I could use.............


I started to use white but decided to look through my dishes and see what I could find. I found these black and white ones but I only have three. (I have to stop buying only three.......I need to at least buy four dishes) Do you do that?
 I think when I bought them I thought I could buy another one somewhere else, and it never happened. I thought they looked like they were from the Dollar Store.

I used red round placemats for color!




Anyway here is the placesetting I used my favorite white bowls.



My centerpiece is white milk glass separates with roses and turquoise beads to give it some color.


I just got the cute black iron teapot from my friend, Rosie.
 I used turquoise votives to carry the color. I forgot to put in the candles. No candlelight today.


My little elephant is there just because he's cute!


A very simple everyday table for us!




I am a little late getting this done today. I hope you don't mind that I rushed.
Thinking of you today! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings My Friend,

I will be joining
 BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday
http://www.betweennapsontheporch.net/a-mystery-table-setting-in-the-style-of-the-board-game-clue/

Rustic & Refined  for Table It Sunday
http://www.rustic-refined.com/



3 comments:

  1. Your title reminded me of that old joke, "What's black and white and red (read) all over?"
    Actually, black and white with red accents is my favorite color scheme. Did my living room in those colors.

    I have just a few pieces of milk glass that I inherited from my mother. I wish I had the beautiful piece that's on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your table is adorable and I can't tell you how many times I only bought a few plates. Black and white is such an adaptable color palette and sometimes I worry that I use it too often. Have a happy and fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I love your black and white with red tablescape. The salad plates are so pretty that I can understand why you bought the three plates in hopes of finding another plate to match. I have a set of three plates from the HomeGoods Store sitting on the table now, I have been to another HG Store, two Marshall's, and two TJ Max stores and still have not found another plate in this pattern. I am debating whether to order another one from Replacements, LTD. Have a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete