Saturday, April 12, 2014

My dear Blogger,

I am so sorry I haven't been posting.  I had all good intentions but Mr. Sweetladyelaine has been sick. He was in the hospital for some time. He is on the road to recovery but it will be a long one.  So, as his caretaker I have been quite busy keeping him comfortable! Of course cleaning and entertaining all the well wishers too! It has been a great experience and life changing for us both. We saw God every step of the way!

In all our turmoil  Spring has arrived in Texas! The weather has been beautiful! Today it was warm enough for me to put on shorts !  I have taken some outdoor pictures of my new front and side yard to share.
I have been anxious to see what pops up if anything. This house is not as well landscaped as our other houses but I can fix that a little at a time.

This is the side yard. Those are my kitchen windows. Not too much growing here.


A closer look. I bought a new humming bird feeder for this sunny spot. I open the blinds and peek at the birds. Our hummingbird feeders are mostly in our backyard. So far no hummingbirds but lots of others visiting my bird bath!!


The tall tree in the first picture is my lemon tree. Here is a close up. I can't wait to see them grow!
I have two very small orange trees and a grapefruit tree in our backyard with flowers on them.
I find this exciting!
.
 
This is sitting in the corner, just above the birdbath in the first picture.
Just one lonely flower.........
 


We live on a corner lot so this is looking down the street from our driveway.


We have lots of "Forever Roses" all around the house.




The front of the house is mostly greenery.


 I would like to have more color. Behind the bushes are red roses.


 It's a little plain for me. They put rocks close to the front door on each side.  Our house doesn't have any gutters, so when it rains it kills whatever is growing there.
That will have to change in the future. I don't like the rocks. Too many weeds are popping up. I like a clean front way.



To tell you the truth, I don't like bugs therefore I will not dig in the dirt in Texas. So gardening is out for me. Texas just has too many big bugs for me plus red ants etc. I am not a fan of any kind of bug. I scream like a wild woman.
When I was about ten years old,  I bolted through glass shower doors because I had a spider visit me while I was taking a shower. I didn't get hurt just scared me to death!

I am glad I sat down today and wrote to you. I feel much better. I will try to keep up with it at least once a week or so while Mr. Sweetladyelaine is recovering.

I hope you have a great week and thank you for visiting.
Blessings My Friend,




3 comments:

  1. I am sorry your husband has been sick..but I am glad he is doing better....
    Maybe your hummingbirds will be there soon..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, Elaine! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness! I'm glad to know he's well on the road to recovery, though, and hopefully he'll be up and about sooner than later. It has been hard on him, no doubt, but it's always hard on the caregiver, too.

    I'm with you on not digging in dirt with ANY possibility of bugs or other weird things in it!!! I remember freaking out when I saw a grub worm. Almost broke my ankle when I fell backwards trying to run!! Funny about you and the shower doors! Just glad you weren't hurt.

    Best wishes to you both. Now that Spring is here (everywhere except Kansas City, apparently...it snowed again here this morning!), I hope you're both able to get out and about to enjoy it. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear your husband has been ill, Elaine! I hope he's feeling much better these days! Alicia's right, illnesses are hard for the caregiver, too. I hope your weather continues to improve so you can both enjoy being outside. Your signs of Spring are so pretty! Hope you two can be out and enjoy more of Spring soon!

    ReplyDelete