Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Coming Up Roses

I am in a rosy mood today. I went grocery shopping this morning. That did not put me in a good mood! The prices are sky high...... But the sun is shining and I am happy to be breathing!
Even in my pain, I am grateful for the little things. I am choosing to be happy!
 

My table today is a happy table. I am not sure it is an Easter table but I stuck in a few marble eggs around the bottom of my centerpiece. I haven't even had time to think about Easter! I'm getting that way as I get older. We don't have any family in Texas so I tend to just move through the holidays. Does anyone else do that? Besides, I have been so busy taking care of Mr. Sweetladyelaine & myself. Time just seems to march on.........

I love this tablecloth with roses all over it! It just makes me want to dance and sing around the table. I love roses so it was right up my alley so to speak. I bought it at a flea market in Illinois last year.



 I think these were the first set of dishes I bought when I became a blogger.
 They say "United Utilities Corp Sovereign" on the back.
 I looked them up and the pattern is Lyric.  

 
I jazzed them up using zebra chargers.
The little silver clam dish is so versatile. I am using to hold used teabags in this tablescape. 
 

                       My cardinals came out to play in the sunshine too!




                             I am starting to love creamer and sugar bowls!
                            What's not to love???????/
                             I have a few but I know I am in trouble.....
                             I am trying so hard not to collect. Are you still collecting?
                             I collect what I love but I love so much! LOL


 I was a teenager when the  love of old teapots, teacups, creamer & sugar bowls hit me.
I loved matching sets then, now, it doesn't matter I just use everything!
The teapot is from East Liverpool Potteries, Semi vitreous Porcelain, USA.
The creamer is Limoges, France and the sugar bowl says nothing on the bottom.

 

Roses, Roses and more roses! I think I just love old..........


A Memory....
My Aunt Emily gave me this Blue Victorian Vase years ago.
It is a favorite treasure! It usually sits in my bathroom on my tub.
I just love, love, love it!
                                              Do you treasure one item over another??????



Someday I will have to take pictures of all my glass pieces.
I love glass because its shiny!
Why else!



I have to thank Mr. Sweetladyelaine for this centerpiece.
 It was a gift from some friends. I just changed the bow, put it on a plate, threw some marbled eggs around it and there you have it!




I am so happy you stopped by to see me. Please come again.
I am in the middle of a few projects.
No sure when everything will get done......but I have lots of time!
 
 
One last picture
 
 
 
I will be joining:
 
Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday
 
Alma's Seasonal Sunday
 
 
Blessings My Friend,
 
"Our self worth can only be found in the yeses of the one who made us". 
 

5 comments:

  1. Pretty table. You've collected some lovely pieces. I like to mix patterns too. Everything doesn't have to match.
    Sorry your sweetheart has been ill. Hope he is on the road to recovery.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I saw your red rose on my friend Mona's blog, and had to come over and see. The red rose is my favorite flower, and I noticed from your side bar that it is yours also. I love to go to flea markets and vintage shops. Your red cardinals are so pretty, and your Aunt Emily's blue vase is a treasure. Me and my daughters also have a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. It's so nice to meet new friends, and you have a delightful blog. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.

    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for following us. I love your name Sweetladyelaine. The world could use a lot more sweetness in the world. In fact, I just did a post about that recently.

      I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

      ~Sheri

      Delete
  3. First and foremost, I hope your husband is at least doing better this week. I know it has been a strain on both of you in different ways. With the Easter weekend approaching, I just feel that he will be given extra grace as he continues to heal.

    I'm starting to fancy different sugars & creamers, too! Is it in the air? What happened to us? I love these you've shared! So pretty! The Limoges ones go really well with that tea pot. Mixing and matching is part of the fun!

    I hope you both are able to enjoy a good Easter weekend together. Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, new bloggy neighbor and friend. I am delighted that you stopped by the table today.
    I am running out the door this minute, but I've added your blog to my sidebar so that I mayl return very soon to get better acquainted. I couldn't resist responding to let you know that your comment, "Jesus finds Jesus" brought me INSTANT tears of joy. :) I'm so glad He led the way.
    Easter blessings!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete