Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blessings

I am not sure you consider everything wonderful that happens to you, a blessing from God but I do. Last Saturday dear friends drove five hours, yes, I said five hours to visit us for the day!
Donna & Kurt live in Louisiana! We have been friends for at least ten years.
We met them in Buffalo, New York.


They brought dinner and a King cake for my husbands birthday which is the 24th.
We had a great time!


We were blessed that day in so many ways. I can't begin to express what that visit meant to us.
That visit lifted my spirits so much that I decided to set a table for Valentines day.
By the way, I did set a Snowmen table for Donna & Kurt! I forgot to take a picture. LOL

Today, I used two different dinner plates but the same red charger, a green depression glass salad plate and a little pink plate.

Both dinner plates are Johann Haviland china.
 I haven't looked up the name of this one.
I bought two of them at The Thrift Store.


 This is one of my favorite plates......I use them alot!
I saw them at Old Spring, Texas  for $12.00 a plate!
I had to leave them behind........


The pattern is  Rose Moss.




Just a secret between us......
The pink flower plate is plastic.
 I bought twelve of them in Wegmans in Buffalo for dessert plates for our bible study.
I was buying paper ones every week and decided to save money.
The fruit compote was found at The Thrift Store. I bought eight!


A pretty pink goblet....also from The Thrift Store! I love that place!


My centerpiece is sitting on a piece of fabric that came from a fancy Panetone! I received as a gift years ago and ate the bread but saved the material! I am glad I did.


This is one of the pretty gifts my Louisiana friend, Donna brought me.
 She made chocolate covered pretzels!



 A very simple table bursting with love of friends!


Next time they come I should set a valentines table for them but I guess I just did!
Thank you Donna & Kurt for your outpouring of love! We love you!

I want to thank my blogger friends for stopping by and please leave a comment!
 I love to see who visits me!

Blessings My Friend,

I will be joining:

Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday.








6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely Tablescape. What a beautiful combination of dishes. I do love those flower plates I have some very similar and they are "plastic" as well and don't they look stunning.. Isn't it fun to be able to mix and match. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Valentine's table! Love the mix and match plates...beautiful, made all the more beautiful by your great thrifting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you said $1,200? I was at a thrift store and liked this tea pot . I wanted to give it to my daughter and it was just over $5. so I tried on line to find creamer and sugar bowl to luck. So I called a co. and she said she sold one last yr. for $5 , I said $5.00 , no she said $500.00 plus . Wow you just never know. I am glad your friends were able to make the trip up to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really special visit. So nice of them to come by and bring dinner! Unheard of! lol. Glad you enjoyed every moment. Your Valentine table is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table and the way the plates all look together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left a comment earlier, which apparently got "eaten" by the Internet. Love your table and your mix of plates is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete